Saturday, January 19, 2019

Rainey Day Projects


Cold and rainy today in Georgia.  I thought I would work on a few projects in my craft room.  I am low on stash goodies to send out with my swaps and happy mail.  I need a few flowers for embellishment too.

Pulled out my Spellbinders die S4-628, a 5 petal flower with 4 size variations.



I am following Tiffany McGill's technique for stacking petals, misting with water and scrunching.  I used a tiny staple in the middle to hold the petal stack together.  You can find Tiffany's videos on You Tube under, Tiffany Crafting Like A Boss McGill.

I tried 2 different petal stack for my flowers.

I used all 4 sizes of dies and stacked the graduated sizes.  They turned out looking like Gardenias.  I really liked the way they are loose and relaxed.  I probably will add some diamond dust to the edges for just a little shimmer.


Next I stacked the petals 4 high with all the same size die.  They look more like Cottage Roses.  I am going to add some Pink Shimmer Mist to these for a little hint of color and sparkle.


I hope this inspires you to create something of your own.

Best Wishes and Hugs,
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment