Thursday, September 10, 2009

Getting Ready for Halloween
















Halloween will be here before we know it. Trick -or-Treating is a BIG thing in the town I live in. All of the businesses in the downtown Historic District pass out candy as a constant parade of children, and some adults, pass by for about 3 hours. There are usually about 2,000 to 3,000 Trick-or-Treaters.
It is so amusing to see all the little ones and how creative the parents have been in their choice of costumes. The littlest ones in their ladybug, fairy, pea in the pod, etc. costumes are always the sweetest. Of course they are to little to eat the candy, but I am sure they get some help from their parents.
For such a big crowd their is quite a bit of organization. The local police do a good job supervising the crowd and traffic at cross walks. The merchants usually just stand in front of their businesses to pass out candy, to avoid chaos in the stores.
Buying the candy way ahead of time is necessary to be able to snag the super size bags at the store. LOTS OF CANDY !!! The first year my shop was open I was so naive, I thought I would buy chocolate bars like I pass out at my home. I spent about $100 on chocolate thinking it would be plenty, little did I know there were 2,000 hungry munchkins about to invade downtown Commerce. The Chocolate lasted about 15 minutes. Not a good thing for the only children's boutique in town to run out of candy. I learned my lesson, and now I buy the super size bags of Dumdum suckers, Bubble Gum and Tootsie Rolls.
Getting ready for the occasion I have to start showing my Halloween clothing by early September, after all October is the only month that the children can really wear Candy Corn, Ghost, Black Cat, etc clothing.
Wishing you much BLISS as you prepare for your Fall Celebrations, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment