Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Window Dressing


Time to change the window dressing at my store. My shop is on a side street of the little town I live in, but I have a HUGE window, 8 X 12 feet. Re-dressing the window for Fall is on my agenda for this week.


I change the display in the window about every 2 weeks, but I change the dressing seasonally. By dressing I mean the decorations that accent the retail merchandise that I display in the window. Flowers, leaves, pumpkins, hearts, bunny's, etc. depending on the season.


I can't emphasize enough the importance of keeping window displays fresh and new, especially since I am not on the main drive through town. I need to catch the eye of every passer-bye, and a creative window display is the main opportunity I have. It only take a couple of seconds for someone to drive by my store. If the window is eye appealing it attracts impulse shoppers just to stop in and look. They may not buy at that visit, but they will remember the shop and look for the window the next time they drive down my street.


Oh, and did I mention that it is a perfect time to get my hubby to pull the ladder out and give the window a good cleaning inside and out since everything will be removed from the area before I start decorating. I know he just loves to see me on the other side of the window pointing to spots he might have missed. :)


Wishing you much BLISS as you prepare your home and yard in anticipation of the Fall season.

Carol

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Carol,
    I am sure your window will look very pretty as you get it ready for fall. I am looking forward to some cooler autumn weather, too. Have a great rest of the week. Vicki

    ReplyDelete